WE HAVE REOPENED!
The Sports Medicine Centre of Excellence is assessing and treating people with sports and exercise injuries, osteoarthritis, and strains related to everyday life. We are doing our part to stop the spread of COVID19 by:
– Maintaining physical distancing with changes to scheduling, waiting in your vehicle/outside until your provider is ready to see you, changing the configuration of the waiting room and gym, floor reminders to physically distance
– Plexiglass for reception and PPE for providers such as masks and face shields where physical distancing is a challenge
– Minimizing in person visits with virtual appointments and conducting parts of visits over the phone to minimize direct contact
– Minimizing people in the clinic by having people for translation and family members on the phone but not in the clinic
– Screening: patients and staff to prevent people with symptoms from being in the clinic
– Cleaning after each person and hand washing/sanitizing
– Changing our cancellation policy to allow last minute cancellations for illness
– Promoting good hand hygiene
We look forward to improving your health while protecting you, our staff, and our community from COVID19!
We look forward to treating you,
Dr. Chris Fortier, MD, MSc, CCFP(EM, SEM) and Dip Sport Med.
Clinic Director Sports Medicine Centre of Excellence